Thursday, February 2, 2017

Crusader Is

Finally finished




These are Quality Castings' Crusader I Tank With MG Turret & Skirts.  They are finished in a very simple early desert war paint scheme of Vallejo's Desert Yellow VJ 70977 over a base of Tamiya Flat Brown with a light drybrush of Vallejo Iraqi Sand VJ 70819.

I decided against any unit markings on the basis I could always add them later, but also recognising it would be fiddly and I'd had enough of that with the assembly.

The rear stowage rack was a bit ill-defined and so I attempted to paint it as a rack containing what could be cans or canvas.  The only other spot of colour is the exhaust pipes.

The question is, do I need more?

4 comments:

  1. Very nice work! Clearly,"Do I need more?" is a rhetorical question since the answer is obvious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. There is something more primal about early war armour, clanging nuts and bolts.

      Delete