Thursday, November 29, 2012

Old Glory Napoleonic Prussian Kuirassiers – Part 2


I painted the horses at the same time I was painting my WW2 Australians – there should be a distinct similarity in colour between them and the Australian rifle stocks.  It was just a background task and progress was slow, but then I put them onto my “one colour a day” program and voila!




16PrHC for Napoleon’s Battles based on the dress uniform of the Garde du Corps circa 1813.

The hardest decision as always was just how much detail to attempt.  As an elite unit I did a little bit more than normal.

The only problem I had was the officer.  He was cast with his arm straight out to the side, parallel to the ground and perpendicular to the horse.  I based him by himself (as in just three figures on the command base).  But it just didn’t look right and so the next morning, bright and early, I took a firm grip of his arm and bent it down.  It was if he understood and relaxed his arm to point down.  Then I cut figures off the base to rearrange them to the standard four figure configuration.

1 comment: