Sunday, September 18, 2011

50th (Northumbrian) Infantry Division – Part 4

Apart from the now finished 6pdr all the other figures I have had for a long time and these photos are just showing their final basing for the 50th Division I am slowly building based on the Megablitz scale.

Typical photo style from me with one obvious exception and it was purely accidental.  It was taken outdoors and I think the bright sunshine and semi gloss varnish caused the interesting effect.  The other photo I like form this series is basically the one I redid of what I originally thought was a ruined shot, but this one has the focus on the pointy or business end of the 6pdr.

I also have to remind myself that the 6pdr was effectively in my scrap box before I rescued it for what is effectively my first WW2 war game vignette basing attempt.

The mortar is scratch built and the crew converted (old) Airfix 8th Army figures.









2 comments:

  1. Lovely use of all the old classics.

    Nicely painted with the "Britains" look standing out.

    Regards Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good. I have a number of models which have been rebuilt from scrap - it's a very satisfying feeling.

    ReplyDelete