Friday, April 15, 2011

50th (Northumbrian) Infantry Division - The Start

This is a project I have now commenced.  It has been an idea for a while, but I’m now taking action.  It is mostly rebasing figures that were set up for Command Decision and turning them into a representation of Tyne and Tees for Megablitz.
Why did I choose the 50th?  Well, it saw some action, it contained units that my dad had mentioned – The Green Howards (Alexandra, Princess of Wale’s Own Yorkshire Regiment) (and in which his dad had served during WW1) and I was born within a mile or two of the river Tees.
The force is not going to be pure Megablitz as it will easily double up for Crossfire and I have decided to base on 30mm squares and multiples thereof.  This also makes them slightly compatible with FOW (not that that is important to me).
More importantly it will allow me a construct in which to build the rear echelon troops, including theatre units like an airfield and hospital.

The figures are Matchbox British Infantry with some Airfix add-ins from various sets.  I particularly like the Commanding Officer (although he was a bugger to photograph).

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you're off to a great start! I have posted pics of my 50 Div at http://megablitzandmore.blogspot.com/2011/05/50-northumbrian-division.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent - and as I commented, inspirational.

    And your comment about the Matador and scrap heap ...

    ReplyDelete